By: Trent Leith / October 25, 2023
The Canucks have announced what nights they will be wearing their fan-favourite “Flying-Skate” jerseys this year. In a season where we won’t get the chance to see the Canucks wear any of the special warmup jerseys they have always excelled at, at least we have the ol’ Flying Skate to look forward to.
We will see the Canucks in the objectively best jersey they have to offer (I won’t hear any arguments) 15 times this season, here are a few takeaways from this schedule.
October 31st – The Canucks understood the assignment when they decided to wear black, yellow and red on Halloween. If only the NHL would allow wearing two sets of “dark” jerseys, because how cool would it look if the Preds wore their bright yellow jerseys to match up against the contrasting Canucks that night?
November 6th – The Canucks will look to further intimidate the Oilers when they face off in the Flying-Skate on November 6th, as the Canucks look to go 3-0 on the season against Edmonton. How are the Oilers supposed to beat this team wearing the Flying-Skate if they can’t even beat them in the Orca?
December 23rd – While we all start to pull Holiday sweaters over our heads, the Canucks still mean business and will be pulling the Skate Jersey on one last time before the new year as a special holiday gift to all of us.
January 20th – Expect a new groundswell of support for the Canucks to switch over to the Flying-Skate full-time as the Toronto Media get their eyes on these jerseys in person when the Canucks take on the Maple Leafs.
January 22nd – Connor Bedard comes to Vancouver for the first time in his NHL career. The Canucks are clearly frustrated the self-proclaimed Canucks fan from North Van didn’t hold out and demand a trade to Vancouver so they will rub his nose for his mistake by wearing the Flying-Skate when he returns home for the first time.
In total, the Canucks will wear the jerseys 15 times this season (36% of home games). Here is a full list of games to expect the jerseys in 2023-24.
- October 31st vs. The Nashville Predators
- November 6th vs. The Edmonton Oilers
- November 20th vs. The San Jose Sharks
- November 28th vs, The Anaheim Ducks
- December 12th vs, The Tambay Bay Lightning
- December 23rd vs. The San Jose Sharks
- January 20th vs. The Toronto Maple Leafs
- January 22nd vs. The Chicago Blackhawks
- January 27th vs. The Columbus Blue Jackets
- February 15th vs. The Detroit Red Wings
- February 29th vs. The LA Kings
- March 19th vs. The Buffalo Sabres
- March 25th vs. The LA Kings
- March 28th vs. The Dallas Stars
- April 10th vs. the Arizona Coyotes